What are the challenges facing planners and policy makers in addressing issues related to food security and public health? How can we contribute to effective actions that address these challenges? Join representatives from the City of Vancouver, City of Surrey, UBC Farm, and BC Healthy Communities at the upcoming PlanTalk for discussion on these issues this Monday.
When: Monday, April 27, 2009.
Appetizers and networking from 6:30-7:00 PM, to be followed by presentations and discussion from 7:00-9:00 PM.
Location: Room 1600, SFU Harbour Centre, 515 West Hastings St., Vancouver, BC
Who: Featuring the following speakers:
• Samara Brock, Social Planner, Food Policy Staff Team member, City of Vancouver
• Mark Bomford, Program Coordinator Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm
• Mark Allison, Senior Policy Planner, City of Surrey
• Deirdre Goudriaan, Fraser Region Facilitator, BC Healthy Communities
• Paris Marshall-Smith, MA candidate, SCARP (moderator)
$20 PIBC Members*
$25 Non-PIBC …